Category: Gigs

02/28/2020

One of the challenges beginner banjo players face is playing in unfamilar keys.  Keys that might be great for the guitar player but less conventional for our instrument.  Have you ever attended a jam session, only to get lost as the group quickly moves from…

01/18/2020

What could be wrong with your practice time? Are your practice sessions preparing you for real life jam situations? Are your practice sessions failing to address the necessary skills required to play songs you’ve never heard- Can you show up at a jam and follow…

07/16/2019
06/21/2019
04/19/2018

Erica and I recently recorded this song for a local filmmaker.  It’s one of Erica’s original songs (I just added the chords :P).  Banjo plus Cello Duo. It’s entitled Sweet Peaches

04/03/2018

When someone asks, “Should I get a Music Degree?”, 95% of the time I say “No.” The other 5% of the ones I say yes to are those obsessed with music, want to do nothing else, and most specifically those seeking a job in academia.…